Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 3: Monkey

So I hope to get better at this posting everyday thing. I am trying but not succeeding so over time I hope to get better at it. I have lots of things to be thankful for, but have been so busy.

Last night I was putting Nathan down to bed. I have been failing as a mom in reading to him at night. I used to do so well but then it completely stopped. When Rich was down in Idaho last he brought back from my parents house some books on the Book of Mormon. They are for kids and they make them a little easier to understand and they have pictures in them. So I decided I would read a couple of verse to Nathan at night. So last night was our first night, everything was going well, we were in about 4 verses when I asked who as certain person was. I knew and I told him this is Lehi, Nephi's father. Nathan's reply was, "No this is a monkey!" I kind of giggled and said. "No it is Lehi." Again the reply was, "No a monkey!"

Now we all know that Lehi was not a monkey, he wasn't mischievous, or silly he was a honest and strong man. It did get me thinking though the honesty from a child would be a rich gift to have. They are not ashamed of what they think something is, or what it may appear to be. They are not scared to tell you what they think. They tell you the truth! So I am glad my little boy showed me, no matter how silly you look or crazy it sounds don't be afraid to tell it how you see it. I believe that in this world so many people lie to each other just to get out of a sticky situation, to get what they want, or hurt. We need to be more like little children, tell the truth and take what comes with it.

So last night Nathan thank you for telling me that the picture of Lehi looked like a monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment